Dancing

I discovered dancing at a works Christmas party in 2006. I know that sounds ridiculous but up to this point I had avoided dancing at all costs. Co-ordinating my limbs to the point that I would not cause anyone else an injury wasn't my strong point. I also think that being picked last at school for Social Dancing in PE was a big part of my fear of dancing as I inevitably ended up with the boy who was a foot taller than me and had a faint whiff of baked beans about his person.

Anyway, back to this Christmas Party. I was dancing away after much coaxing from my friend H and suddenly noticed we were the only two people on the dance floor of the Grand Ballroom of this huge hotel and it all made sense. Neither of us cared that we were the only two people dancing, all we cared about was the music and dancing. We were new at the company so had nothing to lose other than dignity and our pride. Prior to this episode, being one of two people dancing would have sent me running for the bar but I was actually having a great time, and so my love of dancing was born. We kept going until other people joined in! Thanks H!

I can now be found in various local haunts dancing the night away with a stupid smile on my face, getting too hot and sometimes perspiring more than is polite for a lady due to my care-free dancing.

Ok, ok, I'll get to the point. Dancing is great fun, even for people with the co-ordination of a drunk spider like me. So get your dancing shoes on, find a little place that plays the music you love, stop caring about what you look like and get lost in having a little fun!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

National Pop League

AU, TX

Alice vs Her Own Body - The Fight Back!