Have a little listen, have a little look.

I never set out to achieve anything which is just as well as I have written lots of things that mean nothing to some people and more to others. I like being able to write about music and admittedly have been a little lax about it lately. So on that note, a couple of recommendations for you now.

First up are the wonderful Mitchell Museum who are captivating to see live. Using a typewriter as the sound of a cash register during a live cover of M.I.A's Paper Planes song was pretty cool I must admit! Take The Tongue Out is chaotic in the best way possible and the harmonies on Tiger Heartbeat are just plain lovely. Check them out at www.mitchellmuseum.co.uk.




Next up is Chris Flew. I know it 's a cliche but he really does write the most beautiful, gentle songs that would make the coldest heart melt. Have a listen here: www.chrisflew.com/music.html. Some of the songs are also accompanied by beautiful super 8 videos and recycled footage:


Enriching your days with beautiful videos and music is by no means a bad thing which is why you should check out Vimeo. I love simple, beautiful animation and I have not yet found a better example than the video for Autumn Story by Firekites.






That's it for now, more soon, I promise!

Comments

Pinup Nights said…
Micthell Museum are a really lovely sounding band!! I have still never met the legendary Chris Flew...

Popular posts from this blog

National Pop League

AU, TX

Alice vs Her Own Body - The Fight Back!