Reasons to be cheerful (part I).


Once again time has passed faster than I can account for. Autumn seems to have passed me by, it's golden glory has faded leaving behind it the cold, bleak days of winter. But.....there are still plenty of reasons to be cheerful!

First up is Christmas. You're reading the wrong blog if I have to expand on this any further.

Next is the weather. You may be wondering what the hell I am talking about, you may exclaim "The weather is a reason to be cheerful?! It's winter you mad fool!" but I like it. Yes, I miss the sun as much as the next person but I think we should make the most of it!

I look forward to those cold, crisp days where the sky is cloudless, cool and blue and the sun is low and blindingly bright. I will get wrapped up and get out in the kind of cold that makes your nose tingle and your cheeks rosy, I feel like I could walk forever on those days.

The dreich days when it's wet and miserable and all you want to do is go home and hibernate are the perfect excuse to find a friend, a nice warm pub (preferably with a real fire) and order a decent whisky to warm your bones.

For the times where the day never quite breaks and the weather is too wild to go out I will look forward to getting cooried in on the sofa with a blanket, a hot drink and a good book.

What's next? Snow, frosty days, ice skating in the open air, stupid winter sports on TV on a Sunday morning (Luge anyone?), hot chocolate with marshmallows, mulled wine and mince pies, the German Market in Edinburgh, winter coats and wooly hats, candle light at 4pm, huge roast dinners with friends, hot puddings, hot breakfasts, New Year and a hundred other things I won't bore you with as I think you get the idea!

I felt like writing this all down as, at work, I sit next to not one curmudgeon but three. Three! They all hate Christmas and moaned about the Christmas decorations that we put up yesterday and spend their time complaining about pretty much anything cheerful and fun for everyone else so this is for you all, with love.

Part two soon!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

National Pop League

AU, TX

Alice vs Her Own Body - The Fight Back!